Tetra Cloud Learning Platform
Cloud Computing is reshaping the way we think about data centers and deploy our infrastructure and it is just getting started. DropBox, Google Drive, iCloud, Office 365 have become an essential part of our life. We use these products and services every day - in our daily lives, careers, and businesses. From storing selfies and images in the cloud; our emails in Gmail, our bank records, health records, our business data, files all live in the cloud. Cloud has become an integral part of our lives but you probably haven’t realized it. Even at this moment, you are most likely watching this video streaming from a virtual server deployed in the cloud somewhere.
Cloud computing revolution started only about a decade ago when Amazon launched the AWS platform to "expose technology and product data from Amazon and its affiliates, enabling developers to build innovative and entrepreneurial applications on their own." In the beginning, the platform consisted of only a few disparate tools and services.
But today cloud computing is one of the fastest growing industries across the globe. Many major players have taken a foothold in the field of cloud computing. And they are providing infrastructure and services to businesses at all levels- right from small startups to global giants.
Just look at these amazing numbers:
- Cloud computing is projected to increase from $67B in 2015 to $162B by 2020 attaining a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19%.
- Gartner predicts the worldwide public cloud services market will grow 18% in 2017 to $246.8B, up from $209.2B in 2016.
- Cloud computing has generated 18,200,000 jobs so far and this is just the beginning.
- Forbes put the median salary for cloud computing jobs at $124,300 in 2016.
Simply put, there’s a massive opportunity for people like you to equip yourself with the right skillset so that you can:
- Join talent-hungry tech companies and be at the forefront of global innovation
- Launch unique businesses or cloud services for the next generation
- Enjoy plush paying cool cloud projects
Now look at these figures:
- 4.7% population in the US is unemployed
- 14% of the US population is underemployed
- The rate of unemployment stands at 6.6% in Canada
- A whopping 40% of the young Canadian graduates are overqualified for the jobs they are handling
We know what you’re thinking… “But don’t these pioneering companies and exciting tech startups need a college degree or certifications to even get my foot in the door?” - not quite. Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, said during an interview “There’s no need to even have a degree at all, or even high school certificate...if there’s a track record of exceptional ability”....skill trumps credentials.
The challenge is - where do you learn these skills? Not everyone has the 7+ years to get a Ph.D. in computer science or the patience to self-teach from scattered sources and dense textbooks, not to forget the bank-busting financial investment!. It is about time that the world gets an access to these valuable skills and we need it NOW!
Cloud computing is a type of Internet-based computing service that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand. It is a model for enabling ubiquitous, on-demand access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., computer networks, servers, storage, applications, and services), which can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort.
Cloud computing has tremendous benefits over the traditional infrastructure approaches. Let us quickly summarize them for you:
- OPEX vs CAPEX: It allows companies and individuals to rent compute capacity rather than spend enormous amount of capital upfront to deploy private servers
- AGILITY: we can launch and consume capacity at a click of a button rather than waiting for physical servers to be procured, deployed and configured
- SCALABILITY: Public cloud providers like Amazon, Microsoft and Google have set up their cloud data centers across the globe with enormous capacities. As our business scales - we can easily rent out additional servers and scale our applications and infrastructure easily
- SECURITY: These cloud services implement the best of breed security schemes and follow stringent governance policies; thus keeping our data and applications secure
And these are only few of the advantages which cloud computing provides.
- Complete beginner to expert cloud computing skills – This course does not assume any expertise in cloud computing or networking. We give you step by step instructions and in fact, we hand hold you through all the exercises together with you. So you can follow along and understand exactly how our cloud infrastructure comes together and what each step means.
- Practical demo tutorials – Where most courses simply bombard you with dense theory and set you on your way, we believe in developing a deep understanding of not only what you’re doing, but why you’re doing it. That’s why we focus on building up your understanding of the inner working of the cloud components for infinitely better results down the line.
- Real-world knowledge – We work with real startups and real projects every day. We know first hand the problems engineers and architects face on daily basis. All this real-world experience is passed on to you in the courses. Each module comprises of in-depth demos and walk-throughs, meaning you’ll garner enough skill to build your own cloud infrastructure adaptable to any environment, rather than just passing a glorified memory “test and forget” like most other courses. Practice truly does make perfect.
- Student support – We’re fully committed to making this the most accessible and results-driven cloud computing course on the planet. So we are there for our students whenever you need our help. You can contact us any ask any question at any time - you’ll get a response from us within 48 hours.
- What if I don’t have any need for cloud computing right now? - As the statistics and figures show - cloud computing is rapidly expanding into our lives each and every day, meaning even though you may not be directly using cloud computing right now, sooner or later you will run into it inevitably. Can you imagine when Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity and people around him ignored it as an irrelevant phenomenon - how much the world will be missing out on? Same thing goes for tech – you would have been puzzled by the need for a “Smartphone” ten years ago, yet now we can’t imagine our lives without one. The true potential only becomes apparent in time, do you want to risk missing out?
- Is it too difficult for me to understand? - Not at all. We’ll take you step by step from a novice level to an expert cloud architect. We work as technology leaders and mentors to several engineers every day. We know how to explain things and use the lingo. We just choose to teach in ways that are a lot more fun (and less headache-inducing). By the end of this course, you’ll be able to implement complex cloud computing infrastructure in your project, business or career and achieve amazing results.
- I’ve seen other courses charge for a certificate, is this course the same? - We don’t believe in charging hundreds of dollars just for a certificate of completion. As we stated above real world experience is much more valuable than certificates alone.
- I’ve already done the cloud computing course, will this course still benefit me? - Cloud computing is a vast and complex topic. You may have a good understanding about how to launch and configure virtual machines in the cloud. But do you understand how do you ensure your cloud infrastructure is running smoothly? What happens if there is a problem in the middle of the nigh? How is alerted? This is important and core knowledge which will raise your understanding of the inner workings of the cloud to the next level.
- I am not an engineer, will this course still benefit me? - Whether you are a startup founder, a product manager or a project manager - it is quite likely that your organization is already using or will be using the cloud for deploying your cloud infrastructure. Going through these courses will give you a deeper understanding about how your engineering team is using the cloud. You will be able to discuss the pros and cons of their technical approach with higher confidence.